As a mom adjusting to life after divorce, navigating all the new parts of your life can be overwhelming and scary. It might feel like there are so many things to do, and you have no idea where to start or how to do them. When you add your kids to the equation, your anxiety level probably increases even more. How will you help them adjust to their new life? What can you do to help them heal?
Using the knowledge she gained in managing a divorce law firm, as well as her own experience as a divorced mom, Becky Adams gives encouragement and practical steps to women who are rebuilding their lives after divorce. You’ll find loving support and helpful actions that will give you the roadmap you need—delivered in easy to understand chapters to help you stabilize and organize your life and move forward to a happy future with your kids.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn:
- How to shape your post-divorce world into something that works for you—for the things that are within your control.
- How to avoid, as much as possible, an adversarial relationship with your former spouse. It can be different than the relationship society expects.
- Practical ideas to keep doing all you can to create a new life for you and your kids. Don’t worry about getting it perfect, just get it going.
- You are not broken. You are already a whole person. You don’t need to wait until some future date to be okay. Believe that you are okay right now.
- Ways to create your own culture for your new life. Choose what to bring forward from your old life and leave the unworkable things behind. You get to choose how you want your life to be.